Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Oct. 15, 2016
- Riggin, EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 21, 2016.
- What is insomnia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/inso#. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.
- Insomnia fact sheet. WomensHealth.gov. http://womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/insomnia.html. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.
- Sleep-wake disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.
- Sleep disorders: The connection between sleep and mental health. National Alliance on Mental Health. http://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Related-Conditions/Sleep-Disorders. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.
- Approach to the patient with sleep or wakefulness disorder. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/neurologic-disorders/sleep-and-wakefulness-disorders/approach-to-the-patient-with-a-sleep-or-wakefulness-disorder. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.
- Insomnia. Natural Medicines. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases/medical-conditions/i/insomnia.aspx. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.
- Sleep and aging. National Institute on Aging. https://nihseniorhealth.gov/sleepandaging/aboutsleep/01.html. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.
- Kliger B, et al. Complementary/integrative therapies that work: A review of the evidence. American Family Physician. 2016;94:369.
- Bonnet MH, et al. Clinical features and diagnosis of insomnia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.
- Bonnet MH, et al, Treatment of insomnia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.
- Cassoff J, et al. Evaluating the effectiveness of the Motivating Teens To Sleep More program in advancing bedtime in adolescents: A randomized control trial. BMC Psychology. 2014;2:6.
- Valerian. Natural Medicines. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com. Accessed Sept. 12, 2016.
- About AASM accredited facilities. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://www.aasmnet.org/aboutmembercenters.aspx. Accessed Sept. 15, 2016.
- Buysse DJ. Insomnia. JAMA. 2013;309:706.
- Olson EJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 20, 2016.
- Sateia M. Chronic insomnia disorder. In: International Classification of Sleep Disorders. 3rd ed. Darien, Ill.: American Academy of Sleep Medicine; 2014. http://www.aasmnet.org/EBooks/ICSD3. Accessed Sept. 20, 2016.