Lifestyle and home remedies
Does your baby spit up after every feeding? Although it's messy, you probably don't need to worry. Spitting up is usually harmless.
Tests and diagnosis
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Nov. 18, 2015
- Winter HS. Gastroesophageal reflux in infants. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Martin RJ, et al., eds. Gastroesophageal reflux and gastroesophageal reflux disease in the neonate. In: Fanaroff and Martin's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Randel A. AAP releases guideline for the management of gastroesophageal reflux in children. American Family Physician. 2014;89:395.
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GER) and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in infants. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gerdinfant/gerdinfant/. Accessed Sept. 19, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Gastroesophageal reflux disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Batra A, et al. Gastro-oesophageal reflux in infancy. Pediatrics and Child Health. 2015;25:406.
- Onyeador N, et al. Paedeatric gastroesophageal reflux clinical practice guidelines. Archives of Disease in Childhood — Education and Practice. 2014;99:190.