Below are current clinical trials.3 studies in Indigestion
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
To understand why patients with indigestion with or without diabetes have gastrointestinal symptoms and in particular to understand where the symptoms are related to increased sensitivity to nutrients.
The purpose of this study is to develop a resource (bank) of biospecimens and data collected from individuals with functional gastrointestinal disorders (FGID) to facilitate discovery and development of novel microbial biomarkers of disease and response to treatment, and novel targeted therapeutic strategies for FGID.
This study is to evaluate the effectiveness of the investigational drug motilitone at 90 mg in patients with functional dyspepsia as measured by change in maximum tolerated volume and the aggregate symptom score on the nutrient drink test.
Aug. 24, 2016
- Feldman M, et al. Dyspepsia. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 6, 2016.
- Talley MJ, et al. Functional Dyspepsia. New England Journal of Medicine. 2015;373:1852.
- Indigestion. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/indigestion/index.aspx. Accessed Jan. 28, 2016.
- Papadakis MA, et al., eds. Gastrointestinal disorders. In: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2015. 54th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Jan. 28, 2016.
- Dyspepsia. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/print/gastrointestinal_disorders/approach_to_the_patient_with_upper_gi_complaints/dyspepsia.html. Accessed Jan. 28, 2016.
- Overland MK. Dyspepsia. Medical Clinics of North America. 2014;98:549.
- Ottillinger B, et al. STW 5 (Iberogast) — A safe and effective standard in the treatment of functional gastrointestinal disorders. Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift. 2013;163:65.
- Aucoin M, et al. Mindfulness-based therapies in the treatment of functional gastrointestinal disorders: A meta-analysis. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2014;2014:1.
- Kim KN, et al. Efficacy of acupuncture treatment for functional dyspepsia: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 2015;23:759.