Through the Nephrology Collaborative Group, doctors and scientists at Mayo Clinic and other medical centers collaborate to test new therapies and treatment strategies to increase the success rates of remission and enhance patient care.
Rituximab (Rituxan), a monoclonal antibody against B cells that has been used in a number of autoimmune conditions, is being studied at Mayo Clinic for the treatment of IgA nephropathy.
See a list of publications on IgA nephropathy by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Aug. 04, 2017
- Gilbert SJ, et al. Immunoglobulin A nephropathy and related disorders. In: National Kidney Foundation's Primer on Kidney Diseases. 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA.: Elsevier/Saunders; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 27, 2016.
- Roberts IS. Pathology of IgA nephropathy. Nature Reviews Nephrology. 2014;10:445.
- IgA nephropathy. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/kidney-disease/iga-nephropathy/Pages/facts.aspx . Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgA nephropathy). Merck Manuals Professional Edition. https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/genitourinary-disorders/glomerular-disorders/immunoglobulin-a-nephropathy-(iga-nephropathy). Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- IgA nephropathy. National Organization for Rare Disorders. http://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/iga-nephropathy/. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- IgA nephropathy. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/iganeph. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Barratt J, et al. Clinical presentation and diagnosis of IgA nephropathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 31, 2016.
- Wyatt RJ, et al. IgA nephropathy. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;368:2402.
- Vecchio M, et al. Immunosuppressive agents for treating IgA nephropathy. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD003965.pub2/abstract. Accessed Jan. 31, 2016.
- NKF PEERS. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/patients/peers/. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Cook AJ. EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 6, 2016.
- Your guide to lowering blood pressure. National Institutes of Health. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/resources/heart/hbp-guide-to-lower. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Fervenza FC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 16, 2016.
IgA nephropathy (Berger's disease)