- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic treats close to 700 people who have IgA nephropathy. Because of the large number of people seen, Mayo Clinic kidney specialists (nephrologists) and radiologists are expert at performing kidney biopsies and have an outstanding safety record with low levels of complications.
- Specialized medicine. The large number of nephrologists at Mayo Clinic allows some doctors to subspecialize in specific aspects of kidney medicine, including glomerular conditions such as IgA nephropathy. These specialists have the skills and experience to quickly and accurately identify the cause of your problem.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for kidney disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., ranks among the Best Hospitals for kidney disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for kidney disorders by U.S. News & World Report.
Aug. 04, 2017
- Gilbert SJ, et al. Immunoglobulin A nephropathy and related disorders. In: National Kidney Foundation's Primer on Kidney Diseases. 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA.: Elsevier/Saunders; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 27, 2016.
- Roberts IS. Pathology of IgA nephropathy. Nature Reviews Nephrology. 2014;10:445.
- IgA nephropathy. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/kidney-disease/iga-nephropathy/Pages/facts.aspx . Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgA nephropathy). Merck Manuals Professional Edition. https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/genitourinary-disorders/glomerular-disorders/immunoglobulin-a-nephropathy-(iga-nephropathy). Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- IgA nephropathy. National Organization for Rare Disorders. http://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/iga-nephropathy/. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- IgA nephropathy. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/iganeph. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Barratt J, et al. Clinical presentation and diagnosis of IgA nephropathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 31, 2016.
- Wyatt RJ, et al. IgA nephropathy. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;368:2402.
- Vecchio M, et al. Immunosuppressive agents for treating IgA nephropathy. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD003965.pub2/abstract. Accessed Jan. 31, 2016.
- NKF PEERS. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/patients/peers/. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Cook AJ. EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 6, 2016.
- Your guide to lowering blood pressure. National Institutes of Health. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/resources/heart/hbp-guide-to-lower. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Fervenza FC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 16, 2016.
IgA nephropathy (Berger's disease)