Below are current clinical trials.3 studies in IgA nephropathy (Berger's disease)
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
This study is being done to create a "resource" of samples that can be used to improve our ability to diagnose and treat Membranous Nephropathy (MN), IgA Nephropathy (IgAN), Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)/Minimal Change Disease (MCD), Lupus Nephritis, and Antibody Associated Vasculitis (AAV).
The purpose of this registry is to establish a database of patients diagnosed with minimal change disease (MCD), focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS), membranous nephropathy (MN), or immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgAN), to advance the diagnosis and care of patients with glomerular diseases.
This study is designed to answer whether patients with progressive IgA nephropathy, who receive Acthar (ACTH) gel injection at a dose of 80 units subcutaneously twice weekly for 6 months is effective in inducing improvement in proteinuria and renal function.
Aug. 04, 2017
- Gilbert SJ, et al. Immunoglobulin A nephropathy and related disorders. In: National Kidney Foundation's Primer on Kidney Diseases. 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA.: Elsevier/Saunders; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 27, 2016.
- Roberts IS. Pathology of IgA nephropathy. Nature Reviews Nephrology. 2014;10:445.
- IgA nephropathy. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/kidney-disease/iga-nephropathy/Pages/facts.aspx . Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgA nephropathy). Merck Manuals Professional Edition. https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/genitourinary-disorders/glomerular-disorders/immunoglobulin-a-nephropathy-(iga-nephropathy). Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- IgA nephropathy. National Organization for Rare Disorders. http://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/iga-nephropathy/. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- IgA nephropathy. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/iganeph. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Barratt J, et al. Clinical presentation and diagnosis of IgA nephropathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 31, 2016.
- Wyatt RJ, et al. IgA nephropathy. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;368:2402.
- Vecchio M, et al. Immunosuppressive agents for treating IgA nephropathy. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD003965.pub2/abstract. Accessed Jan. 31, 2016.
- NKF PEERS. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/patients/peers/. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Cook AJ. EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 6, 2016.
- Your guide to lowering blood pressure. National Institutes of Health. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/resources/heart/hbp-guide-to-lower. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Fervenza FC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 16, 2016.
IgA nephropathy (Berger's disease)