Afraid to wear black because of dandruff flakes? Find out what causes dandruff and what you can do to treat it.
Extreme temperatures — hot or cold — can take a toll on your skin. Here's how to pamper and protect it.
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Oct. 20, 2012
- Ichthyosis. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/dermatologic_disorders/cornification_disorders/ichthyosis.html#v960749. Accessed Sept. 1, 2012.
- Goldstein BG, et al. Metabolic and inherited diseases affecting the skin. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Sept. 1, 2012.
- Ichthyosis vulgaris. Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc. http://www.firstskinfoundation.org/content.cfm/Ichthyosis/Ichthyosis-Vulgaris-Fact-Sheet/page_id/898. Accessed Sept. 1, 2012.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=56035110. Accessed September 1, 2012.
- Okulicz JF, et al. Hereditary and acquired ichthyosis vulgaris. International Journal of Dermatology 2003;42:95.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.