Because ichthyosis vulgaris affects the appearance of your skin, it can be difficult to cope with the condition. Ask your doctor about support groups in your area. Or it might be helpful to talk to a counselor.
Oct. 20, 2012
- Ichthyosis. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/dermatologic_disorders/cornification_disorders/ichthyosis.html#v960749. Accessed Sept. 1, 2012.
- Goldstein BG, et al. Metabolic and inherited diseases affecting the skin. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Sept. 1, 2012.
- Ichthyosis vulgaris. Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc. http://www.firstskinfoundation.org/content.cfm/Ichthyosis/Ichthyosis-Vulgaris-Fact-Sheet/page_id/898. Accessed Sept. 1, 2012.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=56035110. Accessed September 1, 2012.
- Okulicz JF, et al. Hereditary and acquired ichthyosis vulgaris. International Journal of Dermatology 2003;42:95.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.