Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
Low blood pressure (hypotension) can be a sign of good health or of a life-threatening condition. Find out more about hypotension's causes and treatment options.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
High cholesterol sets the stage for heart disease. Discover ways to reduce cholesterol and keep your heart healthy.
Coma is often a complication from a severe brain injury that leaves a person unconscious and unresponsive. Many people recover from this condition.
Extreme temperatures — hot or cold — can take a toll on your skin. Here's how to pamper and protect it.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Dec. 01, 2012
- Hypothyroidism. The American Thyroid Association. http://www.thyroid.org/what-is-hypothyroidism. Accessed Aug. 22, 2012.
- Hypothyroidism. National Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Information Services. http://www.endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/hypothyroidism/. Accessed Aug. 23, 2012.
- Halter JB, et al. Hazzard's Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology. 6th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2009. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=5133014&searchStr=hyperthyroidism. Accessed Aug. 23, 2012.
- Chakera AJ, et al. Treatment for primary hypothyroidism: Current approaches and future possibilities. Drug Design, Development and Therapy. 2012;6:1.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=9140510. Accessed Aug. 23, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.