Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Dec. 01, 2015
- Marshall A. Hypoplastic left heart syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Facts about hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/HLHS.html. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Single ventricle defects. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/CongenitalHeartDefects/AboutCongenitalHeartDefects/Single-Ventricle-Defects_UCM_307037_Article.jsp. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Bonow RO, et al. Congenital heart disease. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Waltzman M. Initial evaluation of shock in children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- What are congenital heart defects? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/chd. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Said SM, et al. Longer-term issues for young adults with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: Contraception, pregnancy, transition, transfer, counselling, and re-operation. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21:93.
- Goldberg CS, et al. Neurodevelopment and quality of life for children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: Current knowns and unknowns. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21:88.
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/congenital-cardiovascular-anomalies/hypoplastic-left-heart-syndrome. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 4, 2015.
- Finding support. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/families-support.html. Accessed Sept. 22, 2015.
- Qureshi MY (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 7, 2015.
Hypoplastic left heart syndrome