Cold hands can have many causes aside from cold weather. Find out more about poor circulation that can cause cold hands.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
During pregnancy, fetal ultrasound allows your health care provider to check on your baby's growth and development. Find out more about the exam.
Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Aug. 24, 2012
- Marshall A. Hypoplastic left heart syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed June 27, 2012.
- Facts about hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/HLHS.html. Accessed July 24, 2012.
- Brenner JI, et al. Hypoplastic left heart syndrome and other left heart disease: Evolution of understanding from population-based analysis to molecular biology and back again — A brief overview. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21:23.
- Grossfield P, et al. Hypoplastic left heart syndrome: New genetic insights. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2009;53:1072.
- Murtuza B, et al. Changing attitudes to the management of hypoplastic left heart syndrome: A European perspective. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21:148.
- Said SM, et al. Longer-term issues for young adults with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: Contraception, pregnancy, transition, transfer, counselling, and re-operation. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21: 93.
- Goldberg CS, et al. Neurodevelopment and quality of life for children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: Current knowns and unknowns. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21: 88.
- Waltzman M. Initial evaluation of shock in children. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed June 27, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.