Part of Mayo Clinic's commitment to its patients involves conducting medical research that helps people live longer, healthier lives. Clinical trials are research studies that involve volunteer participants. These human studies help doctors better understand diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases or conditions.
Mayo Clinic has thousands of active clinical trials and research studies; and coordinates national clinical trials with other medical centers. See Mayo's clinical trials website and search for a study by condition, treatment or drug name.
Mayo Clinic researchers continually develop new studies, so ask your health care provider about clinical studies or visit ClinicalTrials.gov to learn about additional research opportunities.
Dec. 01, 2015
- Marshall A. Hypoplastic left heart syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Facts about hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/HLHS.html. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Single ventricle defects. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/CongenitalHeartDefects/AboutCongenitalHeartDefects/Single-Ventricle-Defects_UCM_307037_Article.jsp. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Bonow RO, et al. Congenital heart disease. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Waltzman M. Initial evaluation of shock in children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- What are congenital heart defects? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/chd. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Said SM, et al. Longer-term issues for young adults with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: Contraception, pregnancy, transition, transfer, counselling, and re-operation. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21:93.
- Goldberg CS, et al. Neurodevelopment and quality of life for children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: Current knowns and unknowns. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21:88.
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/congenital-cardiovascular-anomalies/hypoplastic-left-heart-syndrome. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 4, 2015.
- Finding support. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/families-support.html. Accessed Sept. 22, 2015.
- Qureshi MY (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 7, 2015.
Hypoplastic left heart syndrome