Researchers at Mayo Clinic actively study new treatments and surgeries for children who have hypoplastic left heart syndrome and other congenital heart diseases. Read more about the Todd and Karen Wanek Family Program for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and other cardiovascular research on the research website.
Mayo Clinic publications
See Mayo Clinic publications at PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Aug. 24, 2012
- Marshall A. Hypoplastic left heart syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed June 27, 2012.
- Facts about hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/HLHS.html. Accessed July 24, 2012.
- Brenner JI, et al. Hypoplastic left heart syndrome and other left heart disease: Evolution of understanding from population-based analysis to molecular biology and back again — A brief overview. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21:23.
- Grossfield P, et al. Hypoplastic left heart syndrome: New genetic insights. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2009;53:1072.
- Murtuza B, et al. Changing attitudes to the management of hypoplastic left heart syndrome: A European perspective. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21:148.
- Said SM, et al. Longer-term issues for young adults with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: Contraception, pregnancy, transition, transfer, counselling, and re-operation. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21: 93.
- Goldberg CS, et al. Neurodevelopment and quality of life for children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: Current knowns and unknowns. Cardiology in the Young. 2011;21: 88.
- Waltzman M. Initial evaluation of shock in children. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed June 27, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.