Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Extreme temperatures — hot or cold — can take a toll on your skin. Here's how to pamper and protect it.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Tests and diagnosis
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
May 09, 2014
- Hypoparathyroidism. Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/hypopara/Pages/default.aspx. Accessed Dec. 23, 2013.
- Hypoparathyroidism. The Hormone Health Network. http://www.hormone.org/search-page?q=hypoparathyroidism. Accessed Dec. 23, 2013.
- Goltzman D. Treatment of hypocalcemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 23, 2013.
- Goltzman D. Diagnostic approach to hypocalcemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 23, 2013.
- Fong J, et al. Hypocalcemia: Updates in diagnosis and management for primary care. Canadian Family Physician. 2012;58:158.
- Bilezikian JP, et al. Hypoparathyroidism in the adult: Epidemiology, diagnosis, pathophysiology, target-organ involvement, treatment and challenges for future research. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 2011;26:2317.