Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Jan. 20, 2015
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=331. Accessed Dec. 24, 2014.
- Hypoglycemia. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/hypoglycemia/index.aspx. Accessed Dec. 28, 2014.
- Gardner DG, et al. Greenspan's Basic & Clinical Endocrinology. 9th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookId=380. Accessed Dec. 24, 2014.
- Standards of medical care in diabetes — 2015. Diabetes Care. 2015;38 (suppl):s7.
- Service FJ, et al. Hypoglycemia in adults: Clinical manifestations, definition, and causes. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 24, 2014.
- Hypoglycemia. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/endocrine_and_metabolic_disorders/diabetes_mellitus_and_disorders_of_carbohydrate_metabolism/hypoglycemia.html#v989452. Accessed Dec. 24, 2014.