- Experience. Mayo Clinic specialists have treated many people with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and have experience with all diagnostic and treatment strategies. Mayo doctors evaluate and treat more than 1,400 people with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy each year.
- Expertise. Specialists in the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Clinic at Mayo Clinic diagnose and treat people who have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Care is provided by cardiologists, surgeons, specialized medical assistants, nurses and genetic counselors with specialized training and expertise in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Latest diagnostic tools. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience diagnosing hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with diagnostic tests including echocardiogram, cardiac MRI and other tests. Doctors also have experience conducting genetic testing.
- Surgical technique. Mayo Clinic surgeons have experience performing septal and apical myectomy for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Collaboration. A multidisciplinary team of specialists in cardiovascular diseases, cardiac surgery, genetics and other areas works together to care for each person with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- New ideas. Mayo Clinic researchers are working to improve diagnosis and treatment of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. You have access to the expertise of Mayo's clinician-researchers.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments' expertise and rankings.