By Mayo Clinic Staff
Idiopathic hypersomnia is a sleep disorder in which you're excessively sleepy during the day.
Sept. 12, 2014
- Hypersomnia information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/hypersomnia/hypersomnia.htm. Accessed July 11, 2014.
- Chervin RD. Idiopathic hypersomnia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 11, 2014.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 11, 2014.
- Morgenthaler TI, et al. Practice parameters for the treatment of narcolepsy and other hypersomnias of central origin. 2007;30:1705.
- Junna M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 20, 2014.