Lifestyle and home remedies
Want to lose weight? Boost your mood? Increase your stamina? Then add aerobic activity to your routine.
Having a plan to stop smoking or stop using other tobacco may help you quit for good. Here's how to put a quit-smoking plan in place.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Mammography can lead to detection of breast cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
June 09, 2015
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Shane E. Clinical manifestations of hypercalcemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Nippoldt TB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 3, 2014.
- Primary hyperparathyroidism. National Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Information Service. http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/hyper. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Horwitz MJ. Hypercalcemia of malignancy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Papadakis MA, ed., et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2014. 53rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Hypercalcemia. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Shane E, et al. Treatment of hypercalcemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Osteoporosis overview. NIH Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases National Resource Center. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bone/Osteoporosis/overview.asp. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.