Mayo Clinic doctors have expertise and experience in evaluating and treating people with Huntington's disease and other nervous system (neurological) conditions. Doctors trained in movement disorders evaluate and treat about 60 people with Huntington's disease each year.
Mayo Clinic researchers in the Division of Child and Adolescent Neurology study the causes, progression, genetics and treatment options for Huntington's disease. Experts in Mayo Clinic's Department of Clinical Genomics provide access to the latest testing techniques, when medically appropriate, such as whole-exome sequencing, to identify genetic variants. Mayo researchers also conduct clinical trials.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
June 13, 2017
- Ferri FF. Huntington's disease. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 24, 2017.
- Dayalu P, et al. Huntington disease: Pathogenesis and treatment. Neurologic Clinics. 2015;33:1.
- Huntington's disease: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Hope-Through-Research/Huntingtons-Disease-Hope-Through. Accessed Feb. 24, 2017.
- A physician's guide to the management of Huntington's disease. Huntington's Disease Society of America. http://hdsa.org/shop/publications/. Accessed Feb. 24, 2017.
- National Library of Medicine. Huntington disease. Genetics Home Reference. https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/huntington-disease. Accessed Feb. 24, 2017.
- Suchowersky O. Huntington disease: Clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 24, 2017.
- Suchowersky O. Huntington disease: Management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 24, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 6, 2017.
- Knopman DS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Mar. 5, 2017.