Premature ovarian failure, an uncommon reproductive condition, can lead to infertility and other problems.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Stressed out? Try meditation. Learn easy, quick techniques that you can use at work, waiting in line or virtually anywhere.
Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Oct. 02, 2015
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins — Gynecology. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 141: Management of menopausal symptoms. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2014;123:202.
- Casper RF. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of menopause. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 12, 2014.
- Frequently asked questions. Women's health FAQ047. Menopause. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq047.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20140312T1457400846. Accessed March 12, 2014.
- Get the facts: Menopausal symptoms and complementary health practices. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/menopause/menopausesymptoms. Accessed March 12, 2014.
- Elkins GR, et al. Clinical hypnosis in the treatment of postmenopausal hot flashes: A randomized controlled trial. Menopause. 2013;20:1.
- Casper RF, et al. Menopausal hot flashes. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 12, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Hot flash management using alternatives to estrogen. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Pachman DR, et al. Management of menopause-associated vasomotor symptoms: Current treatment options, challenges and future directions. International Journal of Women's Health. 2010;2:123.
- FDA approves the first non-hormonal treatment for hot flashes associated with menopause. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm359030.htm. Accessed Sept. 23, 2015.
- Brisdelle medication guide. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/UCM362200.pdf. Accessed Sept. 23, 2015.
- Rohren CH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 22, 2015.