Learn about the most common biopsy procedures and how they're used to diagnose cancer.
Aspiration and biopsy are procedures to collect and examine bone marrow. These tests can help diagnose some cancers and other conditions.
An occasional cough is normal and healthy. A cough that persists for weeks signals an underlying problem.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Swollen lymph nodes usually indicate an infection, particularly in children. However, there are many causes, ranging from the common cold to cancer.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Aug. 15, 2014
- Hoffman R, et al. Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 6, 2014.
- Hodgkin lymphoma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed June 6, 2014.
- What you need to know about Hodgkin lymphoma. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/hodgkin. Accessed June 6, 2014.
- Integrative medicine & complementary and alternative therapies as part of blood cancer care. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. http://www.lls.org/resourcecenter/freeeducationmaterials/treatment/integrativemedandcam. Accessed June 6, 2014.
- Lymphoma SPOREs. National Cancer Institute. http://trp.cancer.gov/spores/lymphoma.htm. Accessed June 6, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 5, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.