Mayo Clinic specialists provide expert, personalized care to those with Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Your Mayo Clinic care team
At Mayo Clinic, hematologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists and bone marrow transplant specialists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Other professionals are included as needed.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
Mayo Clinic hematopathologists have extensive training and experience in accurately diagnosing all the subtypes of Hodgkin's lymphoma, including very rare types. Mayo Clinic laboratories are equipped with the advanced technology doctors need to carefully analyze the gene mutations in your cancer cells in order to help choose the most appropriate treatment for you.
Mayo Clinic doctors work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with Hodgkin's lymphoma includes chemotherapy, radiation therapy and bone marrow transplant.
Mayo Clinic is a leader in lymphoma research and has been recognized by the National Cancer Institute with a lymphoma Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant to accelerate progress in lymphoma research.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic hematologists have extensive experience caring for people with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Each year, more than 800 people with Hodgkin's lymphoma are treated at Mayo Clinic.
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, recognizing scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
July 21, 2017
- Hoffman R, et al., eds. Hodgkin lymphoma: Clinic manifestations, staging and therapy. In: Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 12, 2017.
- Hodgkin lymphoma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed June 12, 2017.
- What you need to know about Hodgkin lymphoma. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/wyntk-hodgkin. Accessed June 12, 2017.
- Distress management. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed June 12, 2017.
- Lymphoma SPOREs. National Cancer Institute. http://trp.cancer.gov/spores/lymphoma.htm. Accessed June 12, 2017.
- Warner KJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 26, 2017.
Hodgkin's lymphoma (Hodgkin's disease)