Tests and diagnosis

By Mayo Clinic Staff

Your doctor will examine your welts or areas of swelling if they are still present and take a careful medical history to identify possible causes. In some cases, your doctor may recommend an allergy skin test. If your doctor suspects hereditary angioedema, he or she may order blood tests to check for levels and function of specific blood proteins.

Feb. 14, 2014