While you may initially consult your family physician, he or she may refer you to a doctor who specializes in hip disorders or sports medicine.
What you can do
You may want to write a list that includes:
- Detailed descriptions of your symptoms
- Information about medical problems you've had
- Information about the medical problems of your parents or siblings
- All the medications and dietary supplements you take
- Questions you want to ask the doctor
What to expect from your doctor
Your doctor may ask:
- Where exactly does it hurt?
- When did the pain start?
- Did anything precipitate it?
- Does any activity make the pain better or worse?