- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, specialists from orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and physical medicine and rehabilitation work together to get you moving again without pain.
- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors diagnose and treat hundreds of people who have hip impingement.
- Advanced techniques. At Mayo Clinic, you have access to the latest imaging technology to pinpoint the source of your hip pain. Mayo surgeons are skilled in the latest techniques to correct hip impingement.
- Efficient care. At Mayo Clinic, you can be evaluated for hip impingement and receive test results and a surgery date within one to two days.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report.
June 24, 2015
- DeLee JC, et al. Femoroacetabular impingement in athletes. In: DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Principles and Practice. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 3, 2015.
- Berry DJ, et al. Femoroacetabular impingement. In: Surgery of the Hip. Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 3, 2015.
- Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI). American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00571. Accessed June 3, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Femoral acetabular impingement (adult and pediatric). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Sierra RJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 8, 2015.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 30, 2015.