Below are current clinical trials.1 studies in Hepatitis C
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
Jacksonville, Fla., Rochester, Minn.
A Study of a Therapeutic DNA Vaccine for Chronic Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Infection
Study type: Interventional What is this?
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
Study phase: I What is this?
During the early phases (phases 1 and 2), researchers assess safety, side effects, optimal dosages and risks/benefits. In the later phase (phase 3), researchers study whether the treatment works better than the current standard therapy. They also compare the safety of the new treatment with that of current treatments. Phase 3 trials include large numbers of people to make sure that the result is valid. There are also less common very early (phase 0) and later (phase 4) phases. Phase 0 trials are small trials that help researchers decide if a new agent should be tested in a phase 1 trial. Phase 4 trials look at long-term safety and effectiveness, after a new treatment has been approved and is on the market.
About this study
The purpose of this study is to determine whether INO-8000 alone or in combination with INO-9012 (IL-12) is safe and induces a Hepatitis C virus-specific immune response.
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.
Print study details
- Jacksonville, Florida: 13-008106
- Rochester, Minnesota: 13-008106
NCT ID: NCT02772003
Sponsor Protocol Number: MAY2013-02-01
July 26, 2016
- Hepatitis C FAQs for the public. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hcv/cfaq.htm. Accessed May 4, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Hepatitis C antiviral therapy (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Florian J, et al. Direct-acting antiviral drugs for treatment of chronic hepatitis C infection: Interferon-free is now. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2015;98:394.
- Recommendations for testing, managing, and treating hepatitis C. Alexandria, Va.: The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases. Arlington, Va.: The Infectious Diseases Society of America. http://www.hcvguidelines.org/. Accessed March 28, 2016.
- Liese MD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 31, 2016.
- Bennett JE, et al. Hepatitis C. In: Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 4, 2016.
- Chopra S, et al. Clinical manifestations and natural history of chronic hepatitis C virus infection. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 1, 2016.
- Hepatic Encephalopathy. What are the symptoms of HE? American Liver Foundation. http://he123.liverfoundation.org/diagnosis/symptoms-of-he/. Accessed Dec. 1, 2014.
- Lorenz R, et al. Clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and treatment of acute hepatitis C in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 3, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Hepatitis C epidemiology (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Venkatesh SK, et al. Magnetic resonance elastography of the liver: Technique, analysis and clinical applications. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2013;37:544.
- Gerstenmaier JF. Ultrasound in chronic liver disease. Insights Into Imaging. 2013;5:441.
- What I need to know about hepatitis C. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/liver-disease/hepatitis-c/Pages/ez.aspx. Accessed June 1, 2016.
- Verna EC. Recurrence of hepatitis C virus infection following liver transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 22, 2016.
- Brown A. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 22, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Hepatitis C emerging treatments (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.