Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Tests and diagnosis
A liver biopsy — removal of a small piece of tissue for viewing under a microscope — helps with diagnosis and treatment of liver problems.
Find out how this battery of blood tests helps your doctor diagnose and monitor liver disease.
Treatments and drugs
Find out what to expect before and after your liver transplant.
Aug. 29, 2014
- Lok ASF. Clinical manifestations and natural history of hepatitis B virus infection. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 11, 2014.
- Lok ASF. Diagnosis of hepatitis B virus infection. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 11, 2014.
- Patient information: Hepatitis B (the basics). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 15, 2014.
- Hepatitis B FAQs for the public. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/B/bFAQ.htm. Accessed July 11, 2014.
- Hepatitis B. World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs204/en/#. Accessed July 11, 2014.
- Lok ASF. Overview of management of hepatitis B and case examples. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 15, 2014.
- Wang XY, et al. Emerging antivirals for treatment of hepatitis B. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2014;20:1777.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.