- Experience. Mayo Clinic surgeons are highly experienced in treating hemorrhoids, including the most complicated. Doctors at Mayo Clinic treat several hundred people for hemorrhoidal problems each year.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
Sept. 29, 2016
- Wald A, et al. ACG clinical guideline: Management of benign anorectal disorders. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2014;109:1141.
- National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/hemorrhoids/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed May 22, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Hemorrhoids. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 23, 2016.
- Feldman M, et al. Diseases of the anorectum. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 22, 2016.
- Jacobs D. Hemorrhoids. New England Journal of Medicine. 2014;371:944.
- Sun Z, et al. Review of hemorrhoid disease: Presentation and management. Clinics in Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2016;29:22.
- Bleday R, et al. Hemorrhoids: Clinical manifestations and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 23, 2016.
- Bleday R, et al. Treatment of hemorrhoids. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 22, 2016.
- Rivadeneira DE, et al. Surgical treatment of hemorrhoidal disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 23, 2013.
- Brown AY. AllScripts EPSi. Rochester, Minn. May 25, 2016.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2015-2016. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/gastroenterology-and-gi-surgery. Accessed April 6, 2016.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 3, 2016.