Mayo Clinic researchers are working to improve treatment of hemophilia. As people with hemophilia live longer, Mayo researchers are studying ways to manage their age-related illnesses, such as heart disease. Mayo researchers are also studying the molecular genetics of hemophilia.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers on hemophilia on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Sep. 11, 2014
- Hoots WK, et al. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of hemophilia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. What tests are needed to confirm the diagnosis or expedite the evaluation of hemophilia? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Hoffman R, et al. Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- Hoots WK, et al. Treatment of hemophilia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- Berntorp E, et al. Modern haemophilia care. The Lancet. 2012;379:1447.
- Living with hemophilia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hemophilia/livingwith.html Accessed May 13, 2014.
- Lim MY, et al. Outcomes of management of acute coronary syndrome in patients with congenital bleeding disorders: A single center experience and review of the literature. Thrombosis Research. 2012;130:316.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Hemophilia. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2009.
- Cook, AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 17, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.