- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists) and brain and nervous system surgery (neurosurgeons) treat around 300 people with hemifacial spasm every year.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic neurologists, neurosurgeons and other doctors work together to treat your condition.
- Efficient system. Mayo Clinic doctors evaluate your condition and develop your treatment plan in days, not months.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors study hemifacial spasm and other neurological conditions and conduct clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Sep. 19, 2014
- NINDS hemifacial spasm information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/hemifacial_spasm/hemifacial_spasm.htm. Accessed Aug. 4, 2014.
- Hemifacial spasm. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/neurologic_disorders/neuro-phthalmologic_and_cranial_nerve_disorders/hemifacial_spasm.html. Accessed Aug. 4, 2014.
- Nguyen TT, et al. Nonepileptic paroxysmal disorders in adolescents and adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 4, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 9, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.