Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Sept. 19, 2014
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists) and brain and nervous system surgery (neurosurgeons) treat around 300 people with hemifacial spasm every year.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic neurologists, neurosurgeons and other doctors work together to treat your condition.
- Efficient system. Mayo Clinic doctors evaluate your condition and develop your treatment plan in days, not months.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors study hemifacial spasm and other neurological conditions and conduct clinical trials.
- NINDS hemifacial spasm information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/hemifacial_spasm/hemifacial_spasm.htm. Accessed Aug. 4, 2014.
- Hemifacial spasm. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/neurologic_disorders/neuro-phthalmologic_and_cranial_nerve_disorders/hemifacial_spasm.html. Accessed Aug. 4, 2014.
- Nguyen TT, et al. Nonepileptic paroxysmal disorders in adolescents and adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 4, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 9, 2014.