Why choose Mayo Clinic for heart valve disease
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic is one of the largest medical centers in the United States for heart valve disease treatment. Mayo physicians treat or diagnose about 4,000 patients annually for heart valve disease. Heart surgeons perform hundreds of surgeries each year to repair or replace heart valves.
- Specialized teamwork. A team of doctors with training in heart disease (cardiologists), heart surgeons and other heart valve disease specialists provides you with integrated, coordinated care.
- Efficient care. In Mayo Clinic's system, your cardiologist and treatment team will examine you, diagnose your condition and develop your treatment plan promptly.
- Cutting-edge medicine. Mayo Clinic heart surgeons have been instrumental in developing innovative surgical techniques to treat heart valve disease. When possible, surgeons use minimally invasive heart surgery, which involves the use of smaller incisions.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Related book: Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life! book provides an easy-to-follow plan to prevent and conquer heart disease.
Feb. 06, 2014
- Heart valves explained. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/PreventionTreatmentofHeartAttack/Heart-Valves-Explained_UCM_305656_Article.jsp. Accessed July 15, 2013.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed July 15, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.