- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience and expertise in diagnosing and treating people with all types of arrhythmia. Mayo doctors evaluate and treat more than 55,000 people with arrhythmia each year.
- Comprehensive cardiovascular treatment and research. Staff in the Heart Rhythm Clinic actively conducts research in genetics, causes, diagnostic tests and treatments for arrhythmia and conducts clinical trials.
- The latest techniques and technology. Doctors in Mayo Clinic's Cardiovascular Research Center are focused on developing cutting-edge diagnostic tests and innovative treatments for people with cardiovascular disease.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Aug. 04, 2017
- Marx JA, et al., eds. Dysrhythmias. In: Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com.
- What is an arrhythmia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr. Accessed Oct. 21, 2015.
- About arrhythmia. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/About-Arrhythmia_UCM_002010_Article.jsp. Accessed Oct. 25, 2015.
- Neumar RW, et al. Part 1: Executive summary 2015 American Heart Association guidelines update for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation. 2015;132(suppl):S315.
- Overview of arrhythmias. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular-disorders/arrhythmias-and-conduction-disorders/overview-of-arrhythmias?qt=arrhythmias&alt=sh. Accessed Oct. 25, 2015.
- Zipes DP, et al. Assessment of the patient with a cardiac arrhythmia. In: Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 25, 2015.
- Bonow RO, et al. Specific arrhythmias: Diagnosis and treatment. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015.
- Pederson CT, et al. EHRA/HRS/APHRS expert consensus on ventricular arrhythmias. Heart Rhythm. 2014;11:e166.
- Heart diseases and disorders. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Heart-Diseases-Disorders#a. Oct. 28, 2015.
- Levy S, et al. Arrhythmia management for the primary care clinician. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 25, 2015.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 5, 2015.
- Brenyo A, et al. Review of complementary and alternative medicine medical treatment of arrhythmias. The American Journal of Cardiology. 2014;113:897.
- Alcohol and heart health. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/HealthyEating/Alcohol-and-Heart-Health_UCM_305173_Article.jsp#.VjEP0rerTIU. Accessed Oct. 28, 2015.
- Mankad R (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 16, 2015.