Doctors and surgeons trained in heart rhythm disorders study genetics, causes, diagnostic tests and treatments for arrhythmias and other heart conditions. Read more about heart rhythm disease research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications by Mayo authors on arrhythmia on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
July 31, 2014
- Michael J. Ackerman, M.D., Ph.D.
- Naser M. Ammash, M.D.
- Samuel J. Asirvatham, M.D.
- Yong-Mei Cha, M.D.
- Paul A. Friedman, M.D.
- Bernard J. Gersh, M.B., Ch.B., D.Phil.
- Joseph F. Maalouf, M.D.
- Christopher J. McLeod, M.B., Ch.B., Ph.D.
- Thomas M. Munger, M.D.
- Peter A. Noseworthy, M.D.
- Timothy M. Olson, M.D.
- Douglas L. Packer, M.D.
- Win-Kuang Shen, M.D.
- Komandoor Srivathsan, M.D.
- Satsuki Yamada, M.D., Ph.D.
- Overview of arrhythmias. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/arrhythmias_and_conduction_disorders/overview_of_arrhythmias.html?qt=arrhythmias&alt=sh. Accessed May 8, 2014.
- What is an arrhythmia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr/. Accessed May 8, 2014.
- Heart diseases and disorders. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Heart-Diseases-Disorders#a. May 8, 2014.
- Hands-only CPR: Learn more. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/CPRAndECC/HandsOnlyCPR/LearnMore/Learn-More_UCM_440810_FAQ.jsp. Accessed May 8, 2014.
- Substances and heart rhythm disorders. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Substances-Heart-Rhythm-Disorders#axzz32CJfvIYA. Accessed May 19, 2014.
- Your heart's electrical system. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hhw/electrical.html. Accessed May 1, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 8, 2014.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed May 19, 2014.
- Understand your risk for arrhythmia. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/UnderstandYourRiskforArrhythmia/Understand-Your-Risk-for-Arrhythmia_UCM_002024_Article.jsp. Accessed May 8, 2014.
- What is cardioversion? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/crv/. Accessed May 19, 2014.
- What is catheter ablation? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ablation/. Accessed May 8, 2014.
- What is an implantable cardioverter defibrillator? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/icd/. Accessed May 19, 2014.
- Prevention & treatment of arrhythmia. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/PreventionTreatmentofArrhythmia/Prevention-Treatment-of-Arrhythmia_UCM_002026_Article.jsp. Accessed May 19, 2014.
- Brenyo A, et al. Review of complementary and alternative medicine medical treatment of arrhythmias. The American Journal of Cardiology. 2014;113:897.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 1, 2014.
- Mankad R (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 6, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.