To learn about some current research in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery related to hearing loss, see:
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on hearing loss on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Read about related research by Mayo Clinic scientific investigators.
Sept. 03, 2015
- Lasak JM, et al. Hearing loss: Diagnosis and management. Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice. 2014;41:19.
- Weber PC. Etiology of hearing loss in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 1, 2015.
- Age-related hearing loss. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/hearing/Pages/Age-Related-Hearing-Loss.aspx. Accessed July 2, 2015.
- Longo DL, et al. Disorders of hearing. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed July 1, 2015.
- Common sounds. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/education/teachers/pages/common_sounds.aspx. Accessed July 2, 2015.
- Noise and hearing loss prevention: Noise meter. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/noise/noisemeter.html. Accessed July 2, 2015.
- Occupational noise exposure. Occupational Safety & Health Administration. https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=standards&p_id=9735. Accessed July 2, 2015.
- Weber PC. Evaluation of hearing loss in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 1, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 22, 2015.