- Expertise. Mayo Clinic experts in head and neck cancers direct a multispecialty team to coordinate the diagnosis and treatment of your cancer for the best results.
- Latest treatments. At Mayo Clinic, you have access to experienced specialists and the latest treatments for head and neck cancers, such as intensity-modulated radiation therapy. Mayo surgeons have developed a robotic surgical approach to tumor removal that offers better access to some types of head and neck tumors, with fewer adverse side effects and better quality of life compared with standard surgical approaches.
- Minimally invasive techniques. Mayo's head and neck surgeons use minimally invasive through the mouth (transoral) techniques when appropriate. Transoral robotic surgery is an option for some types of head and neck cancers.
- Rehabilitation. At Mayo Clinic, your cancer treatment includes a personalized rehabilitation plan to help promote recovery and improve quality of life. Rehabilitation requires the expertise of a team of specialists, such as dentists, prosthodontists, nurses, speech pathologists and physical therapists.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, recognizing scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Specific head and neck cancers are identified by the site where they begin. Not usually included in this grouping of head and neck cancers are cancers of the brain, eye and thyroid, and cancers of the skin, muscles, and bones of the head and neck.
Learn more about the diagnosis and treatment options available at Mayo Clinic for these head and neck cancers:
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked high performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Jun. 27, 2013