When you have a hangover, you're likely to experience problems with your:
Not surprisingly, this temporary dulling of your abilities increases your risk of a number of problems at work, such as:
Dec. 20, 2014
- Trouble completing your tasks
- Conflict with co-workers
- Falling asleep on the job
- Workplace injuries
- Beyond hangovers: Understanding alcohol's impact on your health. National Institute on Alcohol and Alcoholism. http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/Hangovers/beyondHangovers.htm. Accessed Nov. 10, 2014.
- Prat G, et al. Alcohol hangover: A critical review of explanatory factors. Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental. 2009;24:259.
- Maranan J. Too much fun? Natural Health. 2010;41:1.
- Alcohol use and health. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm. Accessed Nov. 10, 2014.
- The elusive hangover cure. British Columbia Drug and Poison Information Centre. http://dpic.org/article/professional/elusive-hangover-cure. Accessed Nov. 10, 2014.
- Hangover cures. NHS Choices. http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/alcohol/Pages/Hangovers.aspx. Accessed Nov. 10, 2014.
- Penning R, et al. Cognitive aspects: Alcohol hangover symptoms and their contribution to the overall hangover severity. Alcohol and Alcoholism. 2012;47:248.
- Alcohol overdose: The dangers of drinking too much. National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/AlcoholOverdoseFactsheet/Overdosefact.htm. Accessed Nov. 10, 2014.
- A word about alcohol poisoning. National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-poisoning. Accessed Nov. 10, 2014.
- Schneekloth TD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 6, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.