Returning to strenuous activities before your hamstring muscles are completely healed might cause an injury recurrence.
Oct. 03, 2015
- Alzahrani M, et al. Hamstring injuries in athletes: Diagnosis and treatment. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 2015;3:e5.
- DeLee JC, et al. Hamstring injuries. In: DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Principles and Practice. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 13, 2015.
- Hay WW, et al. Sports medicine. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Pediatrics. 22nd ed. New York, N.Y.: McGrawHill Education; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Sept. 13, 2015.
- Sprains and strains. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/health_info/sprains_strains/default.asp. Accessed Sept. 13, 2015.
- Fields KB, et al. Hamstring muscle and tendon injuries. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 13, 2015.