A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Klinefelter syndrome is a genetic disorder that affects hormone levels in males. Discover what causes it — and what treatments are available.
Liposuction removes excess fat, but how and what are the risks involved?
Mammography can lead to detection of breast cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Prolactinoma is a tumor in the pituitary gland that causes overproduction of the hormone prolactin. Too much prolactin can cause infertility or sexual dysfunction.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Dickson G. Gynecomastia. American Family Physician. 2012;85:716.
- Braunstein GD. Epidemiology and pathogenesis of gynecomastia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 28, 2013.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2013. 52nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Aug. 29, 2013.
- Morcos RN, et al. Gynecomastia: When is treatment indicated? The Journal of Family Practice. 2012;61:719.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed Aug. 29, 2013.
- Braunstein GD. Causes and evaluation of gynecomastia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 29, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.