Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic specialists treat more than 500 people with this uncommon condition.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic was among the first centers to develop a neurologic intensive care unit. Mayo specialists developed predictors of acute respiratory failure in Guillain-Barre syndrome and criteria for weaning people with the disorder from mechanical ventilation.
- Coordinated care. At Mayo, neurologists work with specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation to help you recover from Guillain-Barre syndrome. Follow-up care can be coordinated with your local doctor.
- New ideas. Mayo Clinic researchers are working to improve diagnosis and treatment of Guillain-Barre syndrome. You have access to the expertise of Mayo's clinician-researchers.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Jan. 01, 2016
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Vriesendorp FJ. Pathogenesis of Guillain-Barre syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Vriesendorp FJ. Clinical features and diagnosis of Guillain-Barre syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. What are the clinical features of Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) and how is it diagnosed? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Vriesendorp FJ. Treatment and prognosis of Guillain-Barre syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Walling A, et al. Guillain-Barre syndrome. American Family Physician. 2013;87:191.
- Salmon DA, et al. Association between Guillain-Barre syndrome and influenza A (H1N1) 2009 monovalent inactivated vaccines in the USA: A meta-analysis. The Lancet. 2013;381:1461.
- Cruse RP, et al. Overview of Guillain-Barre syndrome in children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 11, 2014.
- Van den Berg B, et al. Mortality in Guillain-Barre syndrome. Neurology. 2013;80:1650.
- Mauermann ML (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 1, 2014.
- Cook, AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 31, 2014.