There are at least 50 kinds of pneumonia — a serious lung infection that takes the lives of more than 60,000 Americans every year.
Half of all women experience a urinary tract infection during their lifetimes. The condition can be a serious health problem when it involves the kidneys.
Aug. 22, 2013
- Puopolo KM, et al. Group B streptococcal infection in neonates and young infants. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Group B strep. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/groupbstrep/about/index.html. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Hay WW, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Pediatrics. 21st ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=14. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Barshak M, et al. Group B streptococcal infections in nonpregnant adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, et al. Prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease. MMWR. 2010;59:1. http://www.cdc.gov/groupbstrep/guidelines/guidelines.html. Accessed May 30, 2013.