Mayo Clinic endocrinologists and other experts are respected for their skill and experience in treating Graves' disease. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors treat more than 1,500 people with Graves' disease.
July 13, 2017
- Smith TJ, et al. Graves' disease. New England Journal of Medicine. 2016;375:1552.
- Graves' disease. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/endocrine/graves-disease/Pages/fact-sheet.aspx. Accessed January 24, 2017.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Disorders of the thyroid gland. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com/. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Papadakis MA, et al., eds. Endocrine disorders. In: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2017. 56th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2017. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Davies TF. Pathogenesis of Graves' disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Ross DS. Graves' hyperthyroidism in nonpregnant adults: Overview of treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Ross DS, et al. 2016 American Thyroid Association guidelines for diagnosis and management of hyperthyroidism and other causes of thyrotoxicosis. Thyroid. 2016;26:1343.
- Mayo CH. The surgical treatment of goiter. The Journal of the American Medical Association. 1904;XLII:1059.
- Warner KJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 21, 2017.