For more than 100 years, Mayo Clinic has been researching and treating Graves' disease and its associated eye-related changes, called Graves' ophthalmopathy. The tradition of innovation in research of thyroid disorders continues today. Mayo Clinic has a research team dedicated to actively investigating the causes of Graves' disease and Graves' ophthalmopathy, and new, potential treatments.
Read more about Mayo Clinic's thyroid research program.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on Graves' disease and Graves' ophthalmopathy on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
July 01, 2014
- Bartalena L. Diagnosis and management of Graves disease: A global overview. Nature Reviews Endocrinology. 2013;9:724.
- Graves' disease. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/graves/index.aspx. Accessed March 9, 2014.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed March 9, 2014.
- Papadakis MA, ed., et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2014. 53rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed March 9, 2014.
- Falgarone G, et al. Role of emotional stress in the pathophysiology of Graves' disease. European Journal of Endocrinology. 2013;168:R13.
- Ross DS. Treatment of Graves' hyperthyroidism. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 9, 2014.
- Genovese BM, et al. What is the best definitive treatment for Graves' disease? A systematic review of the existing literature. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2013;20:660.
- Mayo CH. The surgical treatment of goiter. The Journal of the American Medical Association. 1904;XLII:1059.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 3, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.