Ear infections are common in children. These bacterial or viral infections of the middle ear can cause mild to severe ear pain.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Runny nose: What's causing your sniffles?
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
GPA can be hard to diagnose. Understand the signs and symptoms of this type of vasculitis.
Tests and diagnosis
Sed rate (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is a simple blood test that can help detect or monitor certain inflammatory diseases.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Treatments and drugs
Seeking treatment for GPA or MPA? Know your options and what might work best for you.
Dec. 22, 2015
- AskMayoExpert. Granulomatosis with polyangiitis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's). American College of Rheumatology http://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Diseases-Conditions/Granulomatosis-with-Polyangitis-Wegners. Accessed Oct. 6, 2015.
- Ferri FF. Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's granulomatosis). In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 6, 2015.
- Guillevin L, et al. Rituximab versus azathioprine for maintenance in ANCA-associated vasculitis. New England Journal of Medicine. 2014;371:1771.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. The vasculitis syndromes. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Oct. 6, 2015.
- Langford CA. Update on the treatment of granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's). Current Treatment Options in Cardiovascular Medicine. 2012;14:164.
- Gwathmey KG, et al. Vasculitic neuropathies. Lancet Neurology. 2014;13:67.
- Zand L, et al. Treatment of ANCA-associated vasculitis: New therapies and a look at old entities. Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease. 2014;21:182.
- Holle JU, et al. Clinical manifestations and treatment of Wegener's granulomatosis. Rheumatologic Disease Clinics of North America. 2010;36:507.
- Clain JM, et al. Experience with rituximab in the treatment of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody associated vasculitis. Therapeutic Advances in Musculoskeletal Disease. 2014;6:58.
- Trimarchi Mt, et al. Otorhinolaryngological manifestations in granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's). Autoimmunity Reviews. 2013;12:501.
- Springer J, et al. Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's): Impact of maintenance therapy duration. Medicine. 2014;93:82.
Granulomatosis with polyangiitis