Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Joint pain can have many causes and can often be treated at home.
Pelvic pain: Symptom — Overview covers definition and causes of pelvic pain.
Septic arthritis occurs when a joint becomes infected. Find out more about this serious condition.
Swollen lymph nodes usually indicate an infection, particularly in children. However, there are many causes, ranging from the common cold to cancer.
Vaginal health is too important to ignore. Get the facts about how to keep your vagina healthy.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Gonorrhea. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/gonorrhea/Pages/default.aspx. Accessed Aug. 25, 2013.
- Goldman L, et al. Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191371208-2/0/1492/0.html#. Accessed Aug. 25, 2013.
- Rotblatt H, et al. There's no place like home: First-year use of the "I Know" home testing program for chlamydia and gonorrhea. American Journal of Public Health. 2013;103:1376.
- CDC fact sheet: Gonorrhea. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/std/gonorrhea/STDFact-gonorrhea-detailed.htm. Accessed Aug. 25, 2013.
- Workowski K. Chlamydia and gonorrhea. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2013;158:ITC2-1-16.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, et al. Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines, 2010. MMWR. 2010;59:1. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5912a1.htm. Accessed Aug. 25, 2013.
- Stewart CMW, et al. Assessment of self-taken swabs versus clinician taken swab cultures for diagnosing gonorrhea in women: Single center, diagnostic accuracy study. British Journal of Medicine. 2012;345:e8107.
- Two new promising treatment regimens for gonorrhea. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/2013/Gonorrhea-Treatment-Trial-PressRelease.html. Accessed Aug. 24, 2013.
- CDC no longer recommends oral drug for gonorrhea treatment. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/2012/GCTx-Guidelines-PressRelease.html. Accessed Aug. 24, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.