Dental exam — Overview covers preparation and what to expect during a dental exam.
How often do you need to replace your toothbrush? Is mouth rinse necessary? Get the facts on how to keep your smile healthy.
While a lack of saliva may not seem like a big deal, untreated it can increase the risk of dental decay and cause other problems.
Jan. 22, 2014
- Gingivitis. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/dental_disorders/periodontal_disorders/gingivitis.html. Accessed June 24, 2013.
- Wilder RS, et al. Gingivitis and periodontitis in adults: Classification and dental treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 24, 2013.
- Gingivitis. American Academy of Periodontology. http://www.perio.org/consumer/types-gum-disease.html. Accessed June 24, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-08373-7..00002-9&isbn=978-0-323-08373-7&about=true&uniqId=343863096-23. Accessed June 25, 2013.
- Kawar N, et al. Periodontal disease for the primary care physician. Disease-a-Month. 2011;57:174.
- Darby I. Non-surgical management of periodontal disease. Australian Dental Journal 2009;54(suppl):S86.
- Salinas TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 14, 2013.