July 31, 2014
Below are current clinical trials.6 studies in GERD
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
Patients that are either scheduled to undergo or have undergone an achalasia procedure at the Mayo Clinic Rochester are asked to participate. The purpose of this study is to gather information and determine if one of these procedures is superior to the other.
This study will use a 22 gene pharmacogenomics panel on 30 children with persistent Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) who have not responded to therapy.
This registry is intended as an observational, post-marketing surveillance tool. The purpose of this registry is to collect baseline demographics and user experience of the commercially available MUSE (Medigus Ultrasonic Endostapler) system for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease. The data collection aims to gather a minimum of 3 years follow-up on a large number of subjects during use of the system outside of a prescribed clinical study.
This study aims to understand why patients have predominantly upright gastroesophageal reflux disease by comparing such patients to healthy persons AND whether a behavioral intervention (diaphragmatic breathing) will impact this disease
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz., Rochester, Minn.
In patients with gastroesophageal reflux and/or laryngopharyngeal reflux with cricopharyngeal hypertrophy or Zenker's diverticulum, does cricopharyngeal myotomy increase the amount of laryngopharyngeal reflux?
The purpose of this study is to evaluate and compare esophageal high resolution impedance manometry (HRIM) with direct mucosal impedance catheter diagnostic measurements in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disorder.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Kahrilas PJ. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 1, 2014.
- Kahrilas PJ. Medical management of gastroesophageal reflux disease in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 1, 2014.
- Schwaitzberg SD. Surgical management of gastroesophageal reflux in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Jan. 5, 2014.
- Rakel D. Integrative Medicine. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Kahrilas PJ. Complications of gastroesophageal reflux in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 5, 2014.
- Katz PO, et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of gastroesophageal reflux disease. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2013;108:308.
- AskMayoExpert. Gastroesophageal reflux disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Weight management. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/lose_wt/recommen.htm. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. April 24, 2011.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 23, 2013.
- Fass R. Alternative therapeutic approaches to chronic proton pump inhibitor. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2012;10:338.
- Patrick L. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): A review of conventional and alternative treatments. Alternative Medicine Review. 2011;16:116.
- Safe use of complementary health products and practices. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/safety. Accessed Jan. 5, 2014.
- Lipham JC, et al. The LINX® reflux management system: Confirmed safety and efficacy now at 4 years. Surgical Endoscopy. 2012;26:2944.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2013-2014. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/gastroenterology-and-gi-surgery. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- Alexander JA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 12, 2014.