Tests and diagnosis
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
July 02, 2015
- Lichtman MA, et al. Williams Hematology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=69. Accessed Feb. 3, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 3, 2014.
- Hochberg MC, et al. Rheumatology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 3, 2014.
- Deegan P. Gaucher disease: Pathogenesis, clinical manifestations and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 3, 2014.
- Cassinerio E, et al. Gaucher disease: A diagnostic challenge for internists. European Journal of Internal Medicine. 2013: In press. Accessed Feb. 6, 2014.
- Deegan P. Gaucher disease: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 6, 2014.