You can get an enlarged liver from a number of medical problems or personal habits. Treatment depends on what's causing the enlargement.
An enlarged spleen is usually a sign of an underlying problem. Treatment varies, depending on what's causing the enlargement.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Thrombocytopenia is the medical term for a low platelet count in the blood. It usually occurs as a side effect of a disease or medication.
May. 13, 2014
- Lichtman MA, et al. Williams Hematology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=69. Accessed Feb. 3, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 3, 2014.
- Hochberg MC, et al. Rheumatology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 3, 2014.
- Deegan P. Gaucher disease: Pathogenesis, clinical manifestations and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 3, 2014.
- Cassinerio E, et al. Gaucher disease: A diagnostic challenge for internists. European Journal of Internal Medicine. 2013: In press. Accessed Feb. 6, 2014.
- Deegan P. Gaucher disease: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 6, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.