- Latest technology. Mayo Clinic has tests to help identify gastroparesis that are available in only a few medical centers.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors diagnose and treat more than 1,400 people with gastroparesis every year.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic has doctors who specialize in disorders involving the movement of food through the digestive system (motility disorders).
- Team approach. Mayo specialists work together as a team to provide coordinated and comprehensive care for people with gastroparesis. Your treatment team may include specialists in gastroenterology as well as diabetes, nutrition, the nervous system and behavior therapy.
- Research advances. Mayo Clinic has a long history of gastroparesis research, and you may have access to experimental treatments.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report.
Jan. 15, 2014
- Camilleri M, et al. Clinical guideline: Management of gastroparesis. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2013;108:18.
- Gastroparesis. The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/gastroparesis/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Gastroparesis. American College of Gastroenterology. http://patients.gi.org/topics/gastroparesis/. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Camilleri M. Gastroparesis: Etiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Camilleri M. Treatment of gastroparesis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Bouras EP, et al. Gastroparesis: From concepts to management. Nutrition in Clinical Practice. 2013;28:437.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 14, 2014.
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 25, 2014.